Joseph Martin has written and published the first history of St. Anthony of Padua Church, the Polish parish that was in Red Jacket, Michigan. After more than a year of research he pulled together a 25 page booklet and had it velo bound for durability. He traced the history of the church from its beginnings in 1882 until it became defunct in 1927. The work is fully referenced and includes original photographs of the inside and the outside of the church and eight of its pastors from the collection of Cecile Wendt Jensen, the inside of St. Stanislaus School and more. He included the members of the various Polish fraternal societies of the church, the names of some of the teachers from the school, a copy of the contract one of the pastors signed with the Sisters of St. Joseph to teach at the school, and many other details.
Since it is difficult to make a sight unseen decision to purchase or not, he has attached one page from the history to give readers some idea of the contents. (http://mipolonia.net/St.AnthonyOnePage.pdf) He is providing copies for $15 each plus $2.50 for postage. Since he is printing the books “on demand,” please allow about two weeks for delivery. Questions? email Joseph at: MartinJo@lewisu.edu
Mail checks to –
Joseph F. Martin
100 Faculty Lane
Romeoville, IL 60446