A committee was benignantly received by Mr. Alexander Agassiz, president of the Calumet and Hecla Mining Company and he gave them two lots on Seventh street and six hundred dollars in cash. With this aid their spirits rose and the church became an accomplished fact. At the end of October Father Pawlar removed again to Sacred Heart and from there superintended his new church. It was a frame structure 75 x 41, with the sacristy and the "traditional few rooms for the priest." The church was dedicated to St. Anthony of Padua on the 5th of November, 1882, by Bishop Vertin.
Rev. Antoine Ivan Rezek, History of the Diocese of Sault Ste. Marie and Marquette, (Chicago: M. A. Donohue & Co., 1907).